October 24, 2012

Author Interview: Olivia Martinez


Please welcome to Feed My Need, the fabulous author, Olivia Martinez!

Author Interview


When and why did you begin writing?

Like many people, I've always wanted to write a book. One day I just decided to do it and it's one of the best decisions I've ever made.


What was the hardest part of writing your book? What is the easiest? 

I, being the genius that I am, decided that for my first attempt at writing I would write it in the first person. Not one of my brighter moments. As stubborn as I am though, I didn't give up and refused to change it to another perspective. I think the easiest was making up the world I created. There are no rules but the ones you make up. It was also the fun part too.


What music do you listen to while you write?

I think I listened to just about everything writing this book. Classical, big band, dub step, Dave Matthews, Widespread Panic, Top 40, and the list goes on.


What inspires you? 

As far as writing goes, it would have to be all the other indie authors out there. If it wasn't for them, I probably wouldn't have written my book. They were the pioneers that made it possible for the rest of us to follow in our dreams.


Do you have any hidden talents?

I love to paint and have actually sold quite a few of them.


What are your current projects?

I started Book 2 in the Mistfall Series two nights ago.

What book are you reading now?

I just finished re-reading the Ya-Ya series.


Quick: Vampires or Shapeshifter? Why?

Shapeshifter. You don't have to rely on securing your meals.


Do you have any advice for other writers?

Just do it. Do what you love and write your book.


Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

I definitely want to say Thank You!

Mistfall: Book One of the Mistfall Series

Mags has lived in hiding most of her life. One of the two last jinn of her kind, she's being hunted by one of the Kings of Hades and the Elf King for her power. When one disastrous date sends her on the run, Mags knows her life will never be the same. The only question is, will she survive it?

3 comments: